|Me at 18 (07/13/10)|
My name is Joé McKen (Jo-eh Meh-ken), and as noted to the left, I’m a liberal skeptic and third-wave atheist living in suburban Montréal in the heart of Québec, Canada. I was born here in December of 1991, moved to Texas in ’96, returned to Québec in ’01, and have been stuck in a rut here ever since. I love spaghetti, hate sports, and really want a dog.
My interests and hobbies include:
- Reading (anything from blogs to cheesy romances, with some sci-fi in between);
- Writing (novels, short stories, lots of blogging – though no poetry, which I suck at);
- Drawing (technical and artistic);
- Composing music (notably orchestral and rock);
- Watching TV (House, Frasier and MythBusters are my drugs);
- Videogames (notably Perfect Dark (N64), SimCity 4 and Minecraft); and
- Generally browsing the Net for anything remotely interesting.
I originally hosted my creative works over at my regular blog, Preliator pro Causa, but eventually felt it would be wiser to separate said works from my more politically charged outlet. Creativitas thus came to be on April 19, 2013, and has featured my songs, writings, drawings and various artistic endeavors ever since.
This blog uses Disqus for comments for greater convenience and administrative control. Comments are open to any and all (who aren’t already banned). Registered Disqus users may edit their comments if they wish.
Last updated: 04/24/13 3:15 PM ET