Sunday, April 28, 2013

Changing away from Google Drive … [updated]

| »
My music

16 hours. That’s how long it took for my grand idea of using Google Drive for hosting lasted before it stopped working. Not even a day. I gotta admit, even with my sore track record, that’s a personal best.

It turns out that for some reason, part of the hotlinking code I use to link to files (for both the player and songs) suddenly changes on me, rendering all links moot. Which basically means that I’m yet again stuck without a reliable file hosting service. And until I rectify that (yet freaking again), all song posts on this blog are broken. Yay.

I think I’m just gonna have to bite the financial bullet and just go with a paid service. I hope MediaFire comes cheap.


Actually, scratch that. I think I found a way to do it with Dropbox (still for free). I’m kinda wary by now, given this was how easy it first seemed with Google Drive, considering how that turned out, but as always, we’ll see. Stay tuned.


UPDATE: 04/28/13 11:31 PM ET —

Okay, things seem to be running smoothly for now. All music posts are once again operational.