Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Epic Scenery

| »

The Epic Scenery
Composed by Joé McKen
Posted: [c. 2009] | Last updated: 03/31/13


(Adobe Flash required for audio player)

I felt like writing something to symbolize a sort of grandiose, wondrous landscape/scenery, such as what one would find in Alaskan fjords, for instance. I wanted something grand and sweeping, with an undertone of etherealism, and this is what I came up with. (I even used the beautifully breathy Shakuhachi!)

Written & recorded with Sibelius; mixed with Audacity.

Changelog: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []
  1. 03/09/12: Updated the song with some volume tweaks.
  2. 03/31/13 4:03 AM ET: Re-recorded and remixed with improved sounds, made a few notational tweaks, and added a glockenspiel.
  3. 03/31/13 11:20 PM ET: Made a few little volume tweaks.

You are free to use & share my music as long as I am credited as the original creator. Song(s) available upon request.