Sunday, June 17, 2012

Taiga Soundtrack | 7: Music Box (Credits)

| »

Taiga Soundtrack (#7)
Music Box (Credits)
Composed by Joé McKen
Posted: 06/17/12 | Last updated: 04/07/13


(Adobe Flash required for audio player)

This is part of a little soundtrack I was asked to compose for an upcoming RPG named Taiga by friend Douglass Hughes. The game is set to have a dark, creepy, minimalistic feel, and I did my best to characterize it with the reduced instrumentation I was asked to use.

Douglass wanted this song as a mere test to see if she could fit a ‘music box’-type theme in the game, so I made it shorter and simpler, as a sort of preview. She ended up accepting it as-is. I so love these simple, melancholic melodies. She later decided to make this the credits song.

Written & recorded with Sibelius.

Note: Song is subject to being modified at a later date as the game is finalized.

Changelog: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []
  1. 08/30/12 5:52 PM ET: Renamed to ‘Music Box (Credits)’ as recent revisions to the game have now placed this track during the end credits.
  2. 04/07/13 9:05 PM ET: Changed to track #07.

You are free to use & share my music as long as I am credited as the original creator. Song(s) available upon request.