Sunday, June 17, 2012

Taiga Soundtrack | 2: Snow

| »

Taiga Soundtrack (#2)
Snow
Composed by Joé McKen
Posted: 06/17/12 | Last updated: 08/30/12


(Adobe Flash required for audio player)

This is part of a little soundtrack I was asked to compose for an upcoming RPG named Taiga by friend Douglass Hughes. The game is set to have a dark, creepy, minimalistic feel, and I did my best to characterize it with the reduced instrumentation I was asked to use.

This is what plays when the player enters beautiful snowy scenery. Douglass wanted a sound that was ethereal and enchanting, yet mysterious, conveying a sense of surreality. I think I pulled it off decently.

Written & recorded with Sibelius; mixed with Audacity.

Note: Song is subject to being modified at a later date as the game is finalized.

Changelog: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []
  1. 08/22/12 12:45 AM ET: Renamed from “Forest and Snow” to “Snow”.

You are free to use & share my music as long as I am credited as the original creator. Song(s) available upon request.