Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Path to War Soundtrack | James’s Theme

| »

The Path to War Soundtrack
James’s Theme
Composed by Joé McKen
Posted: [c. 2009] | Last updated: 05/26/12


(Adobe Flash required for audio player)

This is part of my soundtrack for my planned novel, The Path to War, which has been on the backburner since my early teen years.

This is the theme for protagonist James Hania. The origins of this theme date back a few years now previous to the song itself, to a very simple piano melody that eventually became ‘Lone Wolf’, and then, the main theme for TPtW. The kindness, honor and purity I tried to make present in this theme represent him well as a man who just wants the best for himself and those he cares for, despite all the hardships he continually endures.

Written & recorded with Sibelius; mixed with Audacity.

Changelog: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []
  1. 05/26/12 6:20 AM ET: I recently rekindled my interest in this piece, so I updated and revised it, tweaked some instrumentation and tempo, and improved the sound set with some instrument sounds from Sibelius 7.

You are free to use & share my music as long as I am credited as the original creator. Song(s) available upon request.