Thursday, May 09, 2013

Dark Horizons

| »

Dark Horizons
Composed by Joé McKen
Posted: [c. 2009] | Last updated: 05/09/13


(Adobe Flash required for audio player)

I finally decided to try my hand at something a bit darker. I imagined a generic “danger”-type scenario feel (think The Dark Knight, Terminator, etc.) and wrote whatever inspiration came to me. I’m still not quite happy with the fanfare section, but I’ve about given up on trying to nail the problem.

Written & recorded with Sibelius; mixed with Audacity.

Changelog: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []
  1. 03/08/12: Did a few touch-ups here and there, some instrumentation and tonality fixes.
  2. 03/09/12: Whoops, fixed a few mistakes that slipped through.
  3. 05/09/13: Re-recorded and remixed with improved sounds, modified instrumentation, and various smaller tweaks.

You are free to use & share my music as long as I am credited as the original creator. Song(s) available upon request.