Friday, October 28, 2011

The Path to War Soundtrack | Lone Wolf

| »

The Path to War Soundtrack
Lone Wolf
Words & music by Joé McKen
Posted: [c. 2009] | Last updated: 10/28/11


(Adobe Flash required for audio player)

This is part of my soundtrack for my planned novel, The Path to War, which has been on the backburner since my early teen years.

This is the tentative theme song for TPtW. It’s one of the oldest songs I’ve ever written, with only a year or two of attempts at writing music under my teenaged belt before I wrote down the first notes for this. It started with a very simple piano riff, which I expanded to make the present rendition. I then added strings and a harp and so forth, and have been working on it sporadically until now. It also includes lyrics, which may be performed by yours truly once I figure out how to do the job properly and/or get a working mic (details, details …).

Lyrics: (click the [+/-] to expand/collapse →) []

LYRICS

[Verse 1]
It's so cold out here
There's a world to fear
Enemy is prowling in the night,
Always seeking for end's light
They may have taken the past,
But this pain won't last
Fighting for a future never to be,
When it all comes down to me

[Pre-Chorus 1]
When I'm all alone tonight,
I dream of the world with you in sight

[Chorus 1]
Always fighting the war I've lost,
When all around I'm reminded of my cost
Though the spirits will keep you in sight,
Always the lone wolf in the night

[Verse 2]
I'm just trying to be
Someone else but me
Tired of this presence that haunts my soul
Tired of falling in the same hole
This path I've chosen, I'm walking down
Tears of the past in which I'll drown
Measures to be taken against the dark,
When all around the world is stark

[Pre-Chorus 2]
When I'm all alone tonight,
I dream of the world with you in sight

[Chorus 2]
Always fighting the war Ive lost,
When all around I'm reminded of my cost
Though the spirits will keep you in sight,
Always the lone wolf in the night

[Bridge]
Though this world may be dead,
You and I will keep ahead
Stares of the strangers behind my back
What they stole, I'll surely lack

[Chorus 3]
Always fighting the war I've lost,
When all around I'm reminded of my cost
Though the spirits will keep you in sight,
Always the lone wolf in the night

Written & recorded with Sibelius; mixed with Audacity.

You are free to use & share my music as long as I am credited as the original creator. Song(s) available upon request.