Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Path to War Soundtrack | And So They Came

| »

The Path to War Soundtrack
And So They Came
Words & music by Joé McKen
Posted: [c. 2009] | Last updated: 01/25/11


(Adobe Flash required for audio player)

This is part of my soundtrack for my planned novel, The Path to War, which has been on the backburner since my early teen years.

This is a traditional/folk-type song of Noran lore, speaking of the troubles and hardships caused by the Empire and its oppression and destruction. It’s basically about a young boy who sees his homeland destroyed by an Imperial raid, his loved ones lost.

Lyrics may eventually be performed by yours truly.

Lyrics: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []

LYRICS

[Verse 1]
I used to live in lands of gold
Yet always looking for demon’s call
As my mother used to say,
Be happy, be happy

[Verse 2]
We sought to hide from our enemies
Lived to fear what would come near
My mother said, just to reassure,
Be happy, be happy

[Verse 3]
And so they came from the fields of grey
They burned the lands and tore us down
The day we hid is the day we prayed:
Keep us safe and them away

[Verse 4]
And so she told me,
Be happy, be happy
They came and went in a blurry haze
All was gone and I was lost
In the night, you can see the flames
They took my life and thew away
Look in the eyes of darkness calling
Be happy, be happy

Written & recorded with Sibelius.

You are free to use & share my music as long as I am credited as the original creator. Song(s) available upon request.