Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Faraway

| »

Faraway
Words & music by Joé McKen
Posted: [c. 2009] | Last updated: 01/26/11


(Adobe Flash required for audio player)

I was stuck with a guitar arpeggio in my mind that just wouldn’t be exorcised, so I used it to build a song, which actually turned into this fine piece.

Song is complete with lyrics, which will be performed by yours truly, as soon as I’m able to properly record them into the audio. (Seriously, I’d need a studio or something. I suck at it.)

Lyrics: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []

LYRICS

[Verse 1]
The shadows are mounting tonight
Try to pull us apart with their might
Never gonna let you know
Never gonna let you go
I’ve walked those streets at night
Seen the shine of the blue moon on high
Shine with sparkles in the pools of the dawn
Wherever you are, I’ll be drawn to you

[Verse 2]
Race like angels for the light
Look at me with those eyes so bright
Feel the safety in your arms
Why do they wanna rent us apart?
Do you know what you mean to me?
Do you know how you mean to be?
Cross the field and run the line
I promise you we’ll be just fine

[Chorus 1]
Hold it, stop running away
So faraway
Hold, wait, I’m coming along
So faraway
I'm trying to find a way over to you
But you’re faraway
I promise I’ll do whatever I have to
But I'm faraway …

[Bridge 1]
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Follow your heart into my arms …

[Pre-Chorus 2]
Swim with the moon in the river
Catch the wind across the plains
Though the dark will come and blind us
Well find a way to each other again

[Chorus 2]
Wait, stop, I’m trying to find you
So faraway
Wait, please, just give me a chance
You’re so faraway
I’m coming to find you, you know I will
But you’re faraway
Ill fight ’til I die and never stop
Until we’re together again

[Outro]
’Cause I’m faraway!
We’re faraway!
Faraway!
Yeah, yeah, yeah …

Written & recorded with Sibelius and Guitar Pro.

You are free to use & share my music as long as I am credited as the original creator. Song(s) available upon request.